dimanche 7 novembre 2010

Food Camp Dijon

I had the unique pleasure to participate in something new, a Food Camp.
What is a Food Camp? Well, it's a bunch of people who get together who are interested in food...on different levels. Yes, there were people who made food while others ate, people who spoke about their food blogs, private people, public people, business people and a lot of kids who had a great time playing with food. That part was a bit campy...and colorful and fun with multi-colored cupcakes.
Something happens when people who are interested in food get together. Yes, they talk about food but the the subject of food, is in fact, the subject of life and relationships. Food and its context is a thriving and exciting phenomenon which has the whole world chatting, cooking and sharing. It's the sharing and exchanging by curious people that makes all this possible.
Food is not just what you eat, its molecules, nutrients and all those tiny things you cant' pick up with a fork which are of course important but that's not the whole story. It's not just what you eat that counts but how, when and with whom you share the food.
People have always shared their food. It's a only recently that people eat alone or on the run. There's always been a pecking order of who eats what first which in many places around the planet is still the rule. Nomad eating is a new phenomenon which reflects our fast food culture...and in some sense, the way I'm writing these rambling notes.
It's two in the morning and I am rambling but that's ok. This is my frist attempt in a long while to put something on this site in a long while. I hope to keep it up so that you'll be interested to read what I have to say and the things I'l have to show you. It's the unknown and barely perceptible you with whom I want to commmunicate. All this new fangled, ever changing technological world baffles and intrigues me. If I can figure out how this all works, I will do this regularly and perhaps the amorphous you will take shape and want to share with me your thoughts, queries and comments.
It's now 3 AM and the best thing forme to do is go back to bed...and perhaps tomorrow I may something else to say!
Alex

Aucun commentaire: